These Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts are savory, candy and roasted to perfection making them the right vacation aspect dish to your desk this season!
Thanksgiving and Christmas are proper across the nook and in case you are something like me, you’re in all probability already planning out your menu! You guys, these pomegranate glazed brussels sprouts are significantly every part you ever wished in a vacation aspect dish. I imply to begin with they’re loopy scrumptious (and completely addicting too I need to add), they’re savory but candy whereas nonetheless being a a lot more healthy possibility alongside all these different basic decadent dishes, and the pink and inexperienced colours make them the right festive addition to your desk!
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Just some easy components wanted for a wholesome and scrumptious aspect dish!
- The right steadiness of candy and savory flavors.
- You’ll love these caramelized and crispy brussels sprouts!
- Good addition to your vacation desk or weeknight dinner.
Elements You’ll Want
- brussels sprouts – search for smaller brussels sprouts with vibrant inexperienced leaves as they’re sweeter and crisp up properly. In case you are utilizing bigger brussels sprouts, I like to recommend you quartering them in order that they get crispy. Be at liberty so as to add in different greens as nicely comparable to cauliflower, squash, candy potatoes, onion, or carrots.
- olive oil – that is what we’re utilizing to assist the brussels sprouts get good and crispy.
- pomegranate juice + seeds – we’re utilizing pomegranate juice to make the scrumptious glaze together with pomegranate seeds (also referred to as arils) for a candy pop of taste and coloration to this aspect dish. You could possibly additionally use cranberry juice and recent cranberries as an alternative.
- honey – provides a little bit of sweetness together with a bit of caramelization on the veggies, however be at liberty to make use of maple syrup rather than honey if vegan.
- balsamic vinegar – provides such a wealthy, tangy taste together with a contact of acidity and ensure to make use of a top quality balsamic vinegar for the very best end result.
- garlic – you should use recent chopped garlic cloves or minced garlic from the jar, however recent garlic is greatest!
- pine nuts – provides a scrumptious crunch, however you might additionally use pecans, walnuts or actually any sort of nut you like.
- salt + black pepper
Methods to Make Glazed Brussels Sprouts
- Wash and trim the brussels. I prefer to trim the ends, eradicating any unfastened outer leaves, after which lower them in half lengthwise in order that they will get actually crispy and tender.
- Toss em! Unfold the brussels sprouts in a good layer on a big sheet pan and drizzle with a bit of olive oil, tossing them in order that they’re evenly coated. Be at liberty to line the baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for straightforward clear up. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper and pop them within the oven at 425 levels F.
- Time to roast. Let the brussels sprouts prepare dinner within the oven for about quarter-hour, shake the pan actually good, then pop them again within the oven to prepare dinner for a further quarter-hour.
- Make the pomegranate glaze. Whereas the brussels sprouts are roasting, whisk collectively the pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a small saucepan on the range and produce to a boil. Cut back to medium warmth and let the combination simmer for about 5 to eight minutes, till the sauce has thickened and is syrupy.
- Toast the pine nuts. When the brussels sprouts have about 5 or 6 minutes left, sprinkle the pine nuts onto the sheet pan and let these roast together with the brussels sprouts which is able to give them a lot extra taste!
- Able to serve! Switch the brussels sprouts from the sheet pan right into a baking dish and drizzle the pomegranate balsamic glaze over prime, tossing to mix. Switch to a big bowl or serving dish, sprinkle with recent pomegranate arils and toasted pine nuts. Style and add further salt and pepper, as wanted. Get pleasure from!
Prepping and Storage
These roasted brussels sprouts are greatest loved instantly after roasting as that’s when they’re the crispiest, nevertheless be at liberty to retailer leftovers in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge for as much as 3 days. To reheat, merely heat them up within the microwave or crisp them up within the air fryer.
Extra Brussels Sprout Recipes
Extra Vacation Aspect Dishes
Hope you all take pleasure in these Pomegranate Glazed Brussels Sprouts and should you love this recipe as a lot as we do, please go away me a five-star score beneath and don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 30 minutes
- Whole Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to style
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
For the glaze:
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425 levels F.
- Unfold the brussels sprouts in a good layer on a big sheet pan and drizzle with a bit of olive oil, tossing them in order that they’re evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast brussels sprouts within the oven for about quarter-hour, shake the pan actually good or toss the brussels sprouts with a spoon, then pop them again within the oven to prepare dinner for a further quarter-hour.
- Whereas the brussels sprouts are roasting, whisk collectively the pomegranate juice, honey, balsamic vinegar and garlic in a small saucepan on the range and produce to a boil. Cut back the warmth to medium and let the combination boil for about 5 to eight minutes, till the sauce has thickened and is syrupy.
- When the brussels sprouts have about 5 or 6 minutes left, sprinkle the pine nuts onto the sheet pan and allow them to roast, till the brussels sprout are golden and crispy.
- Switch the brussels sprouts from the sheet pan onto a platter and drizzle the pomegranate glaze over prime, tossing to mix. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, roasted pine nuts and extra salt/pepper, as wanted!
- Serving Measurement: 1/4th of recipe
- Energy: 260
- Sugar: 27.1 g
- Sodium: 194 mg
- Fats: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fats: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 7.4 g
* Please notice that every one vitamin info are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.