This straightforward spinach salad recipe is a contemporary, scrumptious aspect dish! It is stuffed with apples, dried cranberries, and pecans. A tangy dressing ties all of it collectively.
This spinach salad recipe is easy, contemporary, and scrumptious. A model of my mother’s favourite salad, it’s stuffed with crisp apples, dried cranberries, pink onion, creamy goat cheese, and toasty candied pecans. A vivid apple cider vinaigrette ties all of it collectively. *Chef’s kiss*
This fall, I’ve been making it on repeat. To be completely trustworthy, that’s a bit out of character for me, as a result of I’m not at all times a fan of spinach salad recipes (one thing concerning the texture of the greens, I believe).
So it’s best to belief me after I say that THIS spinach salad actually works. It’s candy, tangy, and savory, and it includes a mouthwatering mix of tender, crisp, and chewy elements. In my guide, it’s the proper straightforward aspect dish or gentle lunch. I believe you’re going to like it!
Spinach Salad Components
Right here’s what you’ll have to make this straightforward spinach salad recipe:
- Contemporary spinach, after all! I like tender child spinach right here, however mature spinach will work too. Tear the leaves if they’re giant.
- Apple – It provides refreshing crunch. Use a candy, crisp selection like Gala or Honeycrisp.
- Pink onion – For savory taste. Thinly slice it in order that it doesn’t overpower the opposite components.
- Candied pecans – These candy, spiced nuts are straightforward to make on the range, however for those who’d prefer to streamline the recipe, you need to use common toasted pecans as a substitute.
- Goat cheese – For creamy texture and tangy taste. Shaved pecorino is nice right here too.
- Dried cranberries – They add chewy texture and sweet-tart taste.
- And salt and pepper – To make all of the flavors pop!
Discover the entire recipe with measurements beneath.
Spinach Salad Dressing
This spinach salad recipe has one final part: the dressing!
I make an apple cider vinaigrette with
- apple cider vinegar,
- honey or maple syrup,
- Dijon mustard,
- extra-virgin olive oil,
- and salt and pepper.
Its tangy taste is a beautiful complement to the candy apples and candied pecans.
To make it, simply add the dressing components to a jar, safe the lid, and shake to mix. Really easy!
- Tip: This dressing retains properly for as much as 5 days in an hermetic container within the fridge. Make it forward in order that the salad is extra-quick to assemble!
Doable Recipe Variations
This spinach salad recipe is versatile! Although I like it as written, there are all types of how to vary it up. Be at liberty to make it your personal. Listed below are a couple of concepts to get you began:
- Swap the dressing. Attempt my balsamic dressing or lemon vinaigrette.
- Change up the nuts. Exchange the pecans with toasted almonds or walnuts.
- Attempt one other cheese. Feta cheese or shaved Parmesan can be scrumptious!
- Use totally different fruits. Toss in sliced pears or orange segments as a substitute of the apples, or use pomegranate arils as a substitute of the cranberries.
- Make it a important dish. Add an entire grain like farro or wild rice or a protein like roasted chickpeas.
- Make a strawberry spinach salad by changing the apples with sliced strawberries. Omit the dried cranberries, and gown the salad with balsamic dressing or lemon vinaigrette.
Let me know what variations you strive!
What to Serve with Spinach Salad
This spinach salad is a flexible aspect dish. It’s particular sufficient to serve at Thanksgiving or any vacation meal, however it’s easy sufficient to arrange on common weeknights too. Pair it with a merely cooked protein or any of those recipes:
I hope you get pleasure from!
Extra Favourite Salad Recipes
Should you love this spinach salad, strive one among these contemporary salad recipes subsequent:
Serves 4 to six
Stop your display screen from going darkish
In a big bowl, place the spinach, apple, and onion. Add a number of the dressing and toss to mix.
Add the pecans, goat cheese, and cranberries and gently toss. Add extra dressing, as desired. Season to style and serve.