I crafted up this vitamin C packed smoothie as a part of a particular Sugar-Free-Problem some beautiful health-blogger pals of mine had been operating (Julia and Libby from juliaandlibby.com). Do you know uncooked cacao is tremendous excessive in iron? It’s iron of the non-heme variety although (as is all plant-derived iron), which suggests it’s not as simply absorbed by the physique. Resolution? Vitamin C!
How one can make this Jaffa Smoothie
The vitamin C from the orange, gubinge and camu camu superfoods on this smoothie helps your physique soak up as a lot of that iron-pumping cacao goodness as potential (good for us plant-loving vegetarians & vegans). These jars of chocolatey goodness are additionally jam-packed with calcium, magnesium, antioxidants & mood-enhancing advantages too! Should you’re a fan of jaffas, I believe you would possibly similar to this smoothie as effectively.
Need extra smoothie recipes? Attempt these subsequent:
- 1 orange
- 1-2 tbsp uncooked cacao powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla pea protein
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 c cashews (soaked for 4 hours and rinsed)
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 c water
- 1-2 c ice
- 1 tsp gubinge powder
- 1 tbsp uncooked cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp bee pollen
Mix, prime with cacao nibs and bee pollen, and serve! Or pop within the freezer for an hour and eat with a spoon like icecream (soo good).
- You may also use camu camu powder as an alternative of gubinge, it’s additionally a Vitamin C wealthy superfood!
- I additionally love including 1 Tbsp chia seeds/hemp seed oil/ground flaxseed for an omega 3 enhance.
- Including 1/2 tsp cinnamon and/or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder additionally makes this smoothie much more delish.